Friday, March 27, 2009

Why?

So as of today, I'm beginning a blog. There are several reasons for this, the most important being that as I am Master of my Own Universe, I am well aware that all others out there (either actually existing or as a creation of my own consciousness, in which case it may be argued that, Why would I have a consciousness singly and without context? So congratulations! You exist! In other words (mine, of course), "I think, therefore you are!") will want to hang on my every passing thought and contemplation.

But don't worry, all you fabulous organic constructs! This shall not be merely another man's vain attempt to create a semblance of meaning and importance in one's life by greasing that slippery little fellow, our friend the Ego! No! (Or maybe it will be.) In fact, I actually have a purpose for this disgusting creation of falsified importance, the personal BLOG. As anyone who may (or may not) read this will know, I am to be joining the Peace Corps later this year, travelling to that beautiful dark continent, Africa! If all goes as planned, I leave in August. Therefore, I thought this may be the best way for me to keep in touch with family and friends while I wile away the hours in beautiful simplicity. Later, according to the terms of this site, I will be able to post pics (of course, only those showing me with less than three chins), and others can comment as well to keep me updated on their doings and derring-do. I can't now know if I will have internet, phone, electricity, water, food...but to cover all bets, I'm starting this now, to become familiar with the process. I suppose even if I am in the darkest reaches of Africa, I can walk three days and three nights to the nearest computer to post to all my long-suffering friends and family. And then you would feel very special. Which is my intent in all things. :)


So without further ado, welcome to World of Lindsay! (Those who know me also know I answer to Scarlet, or Charlotte (that one's for you, Sheila!)).

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay! Did you pass Ortho-Ent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, long story--did I not tell you what happened? I don't think it'll be a problem (considering I did everything I was supposed to)--but have to wait till Mon to talk to someone. I'm going to Wheeler if they really try to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a blog, for you, is a good idea. It will allow us to gain insight into your thoughts and perhaps head off an angst-induced explosion.

    BTW, I assume Scarlet is your atavar.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of being eternally dead, Egypt is in Africa. This month's edition of National Geographic sports the mummy of a queen. You could always aspire to being mummified. Among other advantages that would allow friends and family to see you without hearing you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought HE-MAN was Master of the Universe!

    I look forward to reading your blog..

    ReplyDelete