Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pictures

Just had a couple of pictures I thought I'd post for everyone to see--should be more coming of my host site pretty soon. Enjoy! Waiting on the khumbi with Claire and Ryan.


Beautiful SS Skhosana were we had classes for the first 8 wks. In the pic are friends Angie and Farah.

Host sister Thembi (at first site) with her new baby.
My language group back in the good 'ole Bundu days. L to R: Andrew, Claire, Sandile, Doug, Ryan.
I found this happy little creature on my bedroom wall in Bundu. I made sure to take this pic before calling in the family; sure enough, when they came, they sprayed it with South African Raid and beat it to death.
Gorgeous view at dusk from the front of my current host family's house.

My two host brothers at my new house--on the left is Siphetho (3 yrs) and on the right is Thalenthe (6 yrs). In the middle is a cousin, wearing one of the bright yellow Bafana Bafana jerseys seen all over SA now in preparation for the upcoming World Cup. In the background, you can see my new house being constructed!






3 comments:

  1. Lyndsay.. that's a great pic with Claire and Ryan.. did you ever see the picks from last month with Ryan,my co-worker and I at Weenen game park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pics. O. btw the quote is Tolkien. Fellowship of the Rings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack wins the quote contest! Props to you, dude. Now I have to go find another to put up. :)

    ReplyDelete